I’ve heard it over and over again….”Gym, I can’t get rid of my belly fat.” I am not gonna give you the same spill you have heard a hundred times. I’m gonna tell you straight up, it’s a challenge so you have to put in the work. Your core must be your main focus at all times. Women, who have been pregnant especially have trouble in this area.
Here are some great tips, I use, that’ll help you get your stomach right:
1. Did you know that part of the reason we are not able to cut weight is that we do too much cardio at too high intense rate. The best way to cut fat is actually at a heart rate between 120-140 beats/minute. Most high intense cardio gets you to 140-160
beats/minute. This would include your average spin class, run, or elliptical workout.
2. The best way to burn more fat is to create more muscle. If you are not on a regular weight training program, you need to start immediately. The only real, legitimate way to increase your metabolism and change the shape of your body is through weight training.
3. The best way to combine the two of these methods is through circuit training. When you circuit train, you lift weights consistently while you are in constant motion keeping your heart rate right around 140 beats/minute. Crossfit anyone? Crossfit is a form of Circuit Training and the reason it has been exploding as such an effective time of exercise is exactly that. You get a one/two punch. Your perfect fat burning cardio with a great weight training activity.
4. Include ab circuits in every workout! The more the better! I like to include a lot of body weight exercises to target multiple body parts at once. Most of your exercises should target core.
5. Diet. Yes, it is true and there is so much more to be said about this subject. In fact, many, many blogs to come. Still, you have to start eating clean. Get rid of the fast food, cook more of your meals and stop eating Processed Food. One simple trick, double your vegetable intake. You’ll stay fuller an
So, yes, you definitely can get rid of your belly with the right kind of fitness and meal plan. To get a more motivation and specific workouts on how you can get your ideal body then surpass your fitness goals, follow our weekly tips at gym-star.com